• Design and implement multi-tier software applications, document and test systems, modify as necessary.
• Work independently and with other engineers, architects, managers, QA and Operations teams, design and develop strategic and tactical processes and create solutions that meet business requirements.
• Spends most of the time developing code, and efficiently produces elegant, clean code with no unnecessary complication or abstraction.
• Code is well-commented, easy to maintain, and can be reused across a sub-system or feature. Code may persist for the lifetime of a software version.
• Code is thoroughly tested with very few bugs, and is supported by unit tests.
• Beginning to lead feature or sub-system design reviews and code reviews and be recognized as the go-to Developer for that component.
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to one’s team members, and throughout other groups.
• Proficient in industry and technical expertise; mentor and coach others, and possess:
o Substantial skill in Pega 6.x and 7.x versions, Java, Oracle
o Good Knowledge on web technologies
o Substantial Functional Knowledge of one or more financial domains
• Can be relied on to deliver features and sub-systems on time and to requirements
• Works well within a team, and contributes effectively to the success of those that they interact with regularly.
• Understands and is able to reason about the business, as it relates to their area of expertise.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Desire to learn new technologies and processes
• Self-driven, motivated and conscious of high quality software and effective team player.
• Intimate awareness of web development and experience in Web technologies
• 3+ years of application oriented software development experience using Web technologies
• Very good knowledge on Pega BPM tool
• Familiarity with Unix/ Linux